For patients who are unresponsive to traditional therapy and medication, electroconvulsive therapy is a safe and effective treatment for relief of severe mental illness, including depression and thoughts of suicide.
Centennial Peaks offers ECT for patients in the inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. This life saving treatment has been proven to relieve mania and acute psychosis.
In order to help determine if ECT is an appropriate course of treatment, please be prepared to share the following information with our professional staff:
- Brief history of present illness & symptoms
- Justification for ECT Treatment
- Past Psychiatric/Substance Abuse History
- Medical History
- Previous Medication Trials
- Current Medications
- Mental Status Exam Results
- Patient’s Assets & Strengths
- History & Physical
- Pertinent Labs
- Signature of Referring Psychiatrist
A complete outpatient ECT referral form will be provided by the ECT Coordinator.
All patients must be medically cleared prior to the consultation by our staff. During the consultation, Centennial Peaks’ staff will explain details of the procedure and what to expect before, during and after the treatment.